Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Heart Listeners...

Well, that was fast! :) Apparently, the girl I have bought the heart listener from mailed it off the very same day I won the auction, without even waiting for my payment to clear. Right the very next day at 8AM the mail man rang on my door and handed me my package. I guess it has certain advantages buying from an online acquaintance.

Needless to say, I was very excited and brought it right to work with me, intending to try it out once my boss was on his lunch break. Afterall, seller-girl has claimed that she got to hear her babe faintly during her 16th week already.

Now imagine me sprawled out between two chairs, my pants pulled as far down as possible, with headphones on, trying to listen equally concentrated for a heart beat as well as the approaching steps of my boss.

What can I say, I think I got to hear the heartbeat, very faintly and very briefly, then it was gone again, and I had to get back to a decebnt "I-look-like-I-am-working" position again.

I was eagerly awaiting Geo's return at night time, after another failed attempt at listening, during which I got all excited, meaning to call everybody and their mother sand tell them that I had just heard my little love's heart beat, only to realize that the device had simply amplified the sound of the neighbor hammering a nail into his wall. Together, with 2 sets of headphones, we scouted my abdomen for any sign of baby activity, for what seemed like an hour, and ended up more entertained by our own heartbeats than the digestive sounds my tummy produced. Yeah, no baby. I guess it's still a bit too small to really be picked up by the device (it ain't a doppler, after all), so all we have to do is be patient.

Very nervous/excited about my ultrasound tomorrow. It's been such a long time since I have seen baby, and it really is time for a new load of reassurance that everything is alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home