Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Letter to Booger, 30th week, DADDY EDITION

Letter to my unborn child,

Everyday I ask myself what kind of father I will become and I can tell you I have no idea. My relationship with my own father, your Abuelito, was never an open one, we hardly ever talked, and when we did it was mostly about superficial things. Only recently we have been able to talk openly and I think the reason for that is that I'm now an adult. Looking back at my childhood I can't really say that I had a bad one, although I can tell you that there are some things I wish that could have been better. Now that you are just around the corner I think about how I want to improve my personal relationship with you in comparison to the one I had with my own father.

Never in my life have I thought about my personality as much as I do now. Since I know about you I have been thinking about how much I need to improve myself in order to be a better father to you, and also a good husband to your Mommy. I'm not telling you that I'm a horrible man, it's just that I need to mature with your arrival. Your father is the biggest dreamer you will ever know. To me everything is possible and
so for the most part I end up with so much to do that I can hardly finish anything on my plate. I love the arts and for the most part I'm very creative, I like to draw and paint (something I can't wait to show you), and my current job is doing graphics.

There is so much I want to show you. I will take you to your Abuelito's town in México, so you will get to know where I grew up. Ah, I forgot to let you know that your Father is from Mexico, how could I have forgotten about that...? Your Abuelitos and Tios live in México right now. As soon as we can we will go and visit them. I think you will like the beaches that are close to the San Luis (- that is the
name of your Abuelito's town). The heat and the mosquitoes are two things that you may have to deal with but overall I think you will like it.

I will do my best for you, your Mommy and I to spend as much time as possible in México, so you will get to know from where I come from, and what is also a big part of who you are.

It's very hard for me to tell how good of a father I will be, the only thing I can tell you is that I will do my best to be there for you despite my shortcomings.

I love you so much.

Don't kick Mommy so much at nighttime, so she can sleep!


We will see you soon,
your Father,

Geo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home