Saturday, August 18, 2007

rule the unruly!

So, what makes a woman feel better when she's down low and not feeling too spiffy?

Right! She goes and gets a haircut. There is nothing quite like the scalp massage performed by the apprentice stylist, it's something I look forward to every time, and that successfully takes my mind off of things in a most gentle way.

I was *this* close to having my hair chopped off though into some kind of bob-variation, but let my stylist (who knows me and my hair-laziness for a very long time now) talk me out of it. Interesting tidbit: she assessed that my recently predominant natural waves look like they are here to stay - and that I had better get used to the thought. Kiss my straight hair goodbye for good? Imagine, I used to have hair that was so straight and heavy, like ironed, that refused to assume any kind of wavy or curly shape, no matter with how many curlers it was attacked, and how many bottles of hair product were wasted on it. At times it was frustratingly straight - and recently it has taken on a wavy life of its own, even making it impossible for me to MAKE it straight anymore, no matter how much I blow dried it and used a straightening iron on it. Looks like I'll have to get used to that idea, so I allowed my stylist today to cut my hair in a way that allows for those new waves to curl and spring around.

Weird... BUT IT LOOKS GOOD! :) Now I am really happy that I didn't go through with my initial plans to chop them off, for a change I really like my hair! :)

So, mission accomplished, the pregnant lady feels pretty and well again. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Take the good with the bad and everything will be ok. :)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home