Wednesday, March 14, 2007

daily woes...

Well, it's a whole four weeks until our next appointment (counting from the last one, that is), and time is moving as if through sticky honey. My life is an uninteresting blur of such exciting things as dragging myself to work every morning, collapsing on the couch when I come home, nap in front of the TV until it's time to go to bed and I can finally sleep. Inbetween I drag myself to pee a little too often, and whatever's left of my time is equally shared between knitting the baby blanket, and fighting down the urge to pray to the porcelain goddess.

Highlights of my week (other than doctor's appointments) are limited to Monday's ballroom dance class with Tia#R, Tio#E, Bee and Bern, Tuesday's "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy", Thursday's "Germany's next Top Model", Friday's trip to see my parents, Sunday's lunch with my grandparents and "Nip Tuck" on Sunday night.

Rinse and repeat.

And yes, I mentioned a series of TV shows and labelled them "highlights of the week". :(

Sex? Forget it. My boobs are a huge sore mess, and whatever time I have outside of work and other chores I prefer to spend sleeping or at least napping.

Have I mentioned this before? I think I'll sleep through giving birth, if this continues like that.

Though, don't get me wrong. I am not complaining about feeling like shit. Every wave of nausea and every narcoleptic attack reminds me of our little baby growing inside of me, and I am nothing but exstatic over and thankful for that. Still - feeling like shit is never a good thing, especially if I am already boring myself out of my own mind - which is astounding, considering my regular life is already a dead snoozer to most.

There are good news, though, too. Geo was invited for a second interview with a company on Monday, and he'll work a "trial day" tomorrow, after which will be decided if he gets the job or not. Needless to say, I am anxious and excited for him to get it - our one-income-household isn't cut to support a family with baby, and certainly not when I am on maternity leave, getting only very little compensation money.

Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home