Friday, September 07, 2007

Letter to Booger, 33rd week, DADDY EDITION

Hello my dear Child,

The time for your arrival is getting closer and I can't hide my excitement! I know you Mommy will probably not believe me when she reads this, but it's true. Lately I have been so consumed with work that I'm really tired when I get home, so I don't really show how happy and excited I am knowing that you are just 7 weeks from being finally in my arms.

I really like to spend time with you, but lately I have only given you few minutes of every day since I get home so late. I'm working on changing my job so I can spend more time with you and Mommy. I love to play the Froggy music box for you on Mommy's tummy before I go to bed, and what is really interesting to see is that you go into party mode once your Mommy and I settle for sleep. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my hand on your Mommy's tummy, and I get to feel you moving. A couple of times you have followed my hand - I can't really explain how special that made me feel. I really like to feel you moving while Mommy sleeps, so far that has been our special little time together.

Soon we are moving into our home. We will start working on setting up your room in a few days. I want to make you a nice mural for you but your Mommy asked me to wait until you can tell us what you want yourself. I really want to make a lot of things for you. When I was a little child, your Abuelita Teresa always worked with me to make some toys. It was because of her that I'm an artist today. I will show you everything I know about art whenever it's the proper time - but of course it will be up to you to if you want me to teach you.

I will see you soon.

You father,
Geo

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

What a SWEET letter :-) Did he really write that or did you improvise? :-)

10:01 PM  
Blogger spreadyourwings said...

nope... he REALLY wrote that! :)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home