Monday, October 15, 2007

So exciting!

Oooooh... I am so excited! My new friend from my babyforum, A., who was due around the same time as I am just had her water break today - I can think of barely anything but her, and how she's going to have her little daughter in her arms soon!

It's so weird, we actually met in person only once, and then we didn't talk much, but we've been chatting and posting pretty much all throughout our pregnancies, so I feel like I know her pretty well. And now she's having her baby, and she promised me a MMS with a picture of her daughter as soon as she was able to. I am glued to my cell phone, even though I am aware that it'll be another while. The whole forum is going bonkers over her, and I have been getting severl SMS from other girls already from all over Austria, asking me to send them a message as soon as I know more about A. and her baby. I just love the community that I have created, it's an awesome bunch of girls, very caring and sweet. :)

I wish A. all the best, and all the strength she needs, and that everything goes well for her and her baby!

It puts me to think, though. Like I said before... she was originally due within days of my own due date. When will it be my turn? I have to admit, my due date is still officially 12 days away, but secretly I am hoping that I'll go into labor soon. I am getting annoyed with peoples' constant phone calls, asking me how I am doing. Sure, I appreciate the concern and the caring, but as a matter of fact I am letting the phone ring without picking up most of the time now, simply because I am sick and tired of confirming that, in fact, I haven't gone into labor yet, and yes, I feel pretty good.

As good as one can feel, 38.5 weeks pregnant, I reckon.

Sure, I am grumpy as all hell. Just really annoyed with people. It shows. I don't really want to talk with anybody (or at least not about my pregnancy anymore), and I am having a very hard time not to snap at people (- even my own family!!!) when I get another "so how are you doing today?" or "everything alright?".

I mean - geez - I will inform people of the arrival of my baby, some of them even when I go to the hospital - I don't need daily phone calls inquiring about the state of things. Nevermind the fact that I still have almost 2 weeks to go to my due date - Booger isn't even late yet, there is no reason to assume every day that I am within minutes of giving birth!

Anyway. Back to my friend A. A few days ago she has even asked if I was going to visit her in the hospital, and I felt really special when she asked. Considering that we pretty much only know each other online, and we both have bitched about the amount of people probably wanting to come visit us in the hospital, and how we don't want to be flooded with visitors? Funny, cause I want her to visit me and Booger too, once he/she is here.

I can hardly wait for her news! I will definitely put my cell phone next to me bed tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger imagoii said...

That's wonderful - I hope everything goes well for A!
And I know exactly how you feel ... seriously people ... we'll let you know what you need to know when you need to know it ... pestering isn't going to make the baby come any sooner ... and is just going to tick us off!
It's so good to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way! - hang in there :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home