Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 33 – Guess what I DIDN'T get for my Birthday!

...that's right. I am still waiting. Still nothing. And by now the "nothing" is to be taken quite literally: no period, no cramps, no PMS-like behavior, no boob-pains anymore either... NOTHING.

So I tested. On Saturday at 6:30AM, because I couldn't take it anymore.

Oh, my birthday, you ask? It was really great. Bee baked a marzipan cake just for me, which she brought into the restaurant. Everybody came with the exception of my best friend Auntie#K, but let's not go into that, lest I get pissed off again. Sunday I got my birthday lunch at my parents' place, and more marzipan cake.

And oh, the presents!!! I got Desperate Housewives Season 1&2, I got Dungeon Siege II Deluxe, I got a brain teaser game for the PC, I got a stroll down memory lane, I got a "smartass encyclopedia", I got "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby I was drooling over, and I got "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. And some cash.

And a Minolta Dynax 7D with 2 lenses, an external flash, 4 batteries, 2 chargers, a vertical photo-attachment, a book and a bag for less than the third of the price that all of this together would cost!!! Gotta love my connections (- that is: a rich uncle who buys himself the newest of the new whenever it comes out and then gets rid of the "old" stuff that he doesn't need anymore)... it's the first truly PROFESSIONAL camera I have ever owned. It has about a gazillion of buttons, it weighs about 3 lbs. and it's a digital SLR. I went a long way from my early point-and-shoots to this one.

Check it out: Konica Minolta Dynax 7d on dpreview.com

Now, please be properly impressed and awed.

Oh, the pregnancy test, you ask?

...negative, of course. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home