Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 37 - Intuition Failed

Well... Geo's gut feeling was wrong - a rare enough thing, granted. I experienced slight spotting today, and basically panicked.

There were only 2 answers to this problem: either I wasn't pregnant afterall and had nothing to worry about but a few days of heavy cramping and bleeding ahead, or - which was what put me into panic-mode - I was pregnant, and about to miscarry yet again, for light spotting is what started the whole misery in the first place.

I was unwilling to spend a weekend in crazy worries, so I decided to buy another test and do it today. I'd much rather know I was just getting a really late period and would have nothing to worry about, right?

So as I was bout to walk into the pharmacy to get said test, it suddenly dawned on me that my general practitioner is also a gynecologist - a fact which I had completely forgotten, since it's been about a decade since I last went to him for any gyn related issues, before I found my wonderful current one. The good thing about this sudden realization was this: he held office today until 6PM, it was currently 5PM, and out of experience I could basically call in and go there whenever I wanted to, without tediously waiting a few weeks for an appointment.

Good. One worry off my shoulders, I am motivated for next month. Despite his usual cheerful manner and his way of teasing his patients a lot, this time he was actually very serious about my request. He took my worries very seriously, and examined me thoroughly after a test confirmed that I am, in fact, not pregnant. He found nothing out of the norm, and reassured me this fluke was really nothing to worry about. "Just try and relax."

Yeah... sure. Surprisingly enough, I feel much better than I expected I would. The blood in my undies brought me right back to the days when my miscarriage started to happen, and the relief to learn that this time my period just decided to play games with me made me feel so much better now. I thanked my doc for having made the upcoming weekend a calm one for me, but telling Geo the outcome wasn't so easy. I could tell that he was really sure that this time his efforts had taken root, and that he really wanted to believe it, too.

Looking forward to more eager trying, though. I have decided that I will start to chart my basal body temperature this month. I'll go and buy a thermometer tomorrow. I am very interested in creating such a chart, actually have been for a long time, and now I have a good reason to actually try it. Maybe it'll let me figure out if I am ovulating at all.

Ah well, better luck next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!!

*sending good thoughts and SNOW your way...*

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home